In what is now the first episode of the YouMakeMedia podcast (this episode is shared with GizBuzz.co.uk), we interview Nicholas Reville, a co-founder of the Participatory Culture Foundation. The Participatory Culture Foundation is responsible for Democracy Player, VideoBomb, and a full suite of video publishing and promotion tools.
Discussed in the interview:
- The Participatory Culture Foundation and its goals
- Old media + new media = ?
- Long tail’s role in the foundation’s work
- Running an open source project as a staffed, funded effort
- The Participatory Politics Foundation, where does media fit into the political spectrum?
Feel free to listen to the interview over at Odeo.